AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash.– The brush hearth that pressured some evacuations in Airway Heights Friday is extinguished.
Firefighters stated no one was damage nor was any property misplaced within the flames.
The Spokane Fire Department stated it bought calls in regards to the hearth simply earlier than 5 p.m. Multiple businesses, together with Fire Districts 3 and 10, Spokane Fire and the Department of Natural Resources responded to get the fireplace beneath management.
Fire crews stated the reason for the fireplace was a person utilizing a torch. He was booked into the Spokane County Jail on a reckless burning cost.
Firefighters stated the wind and low humidity Friday performed a job in battling the fireplace.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.